Overview/Who Should Attend
This two-day course is intended for those who have, or are about to acquire, supervisory responsibilities. It provides supervisors with an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues, as well as their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities. It will highlight the requirement to promote health and safety to supervise effectively.
This course is endorsed by Build UK as the standard training for all supervisors working on Build UK sites.
Must have a good understanding of spoken and written English
No specific requirements but aimed at those people wishing to become Site Supervisors or those already in these roles.
To ensure that all those given supervisory responsibilities understand:
· Why they are carrying out their identified duties
· What is expected of them
· How they contribute to the safety of the workplace
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
· Understand the problems of the industry
· Understand how health and safety law is structured, and how it applies to supervisors
· Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safely
· Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
· Carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
· Monitor site activities effectively
· Understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified