This one day classroom based course will provide delegates with an introduction to environmental issues on construction sites.
It is designed to meet the basic environmental knowledge that the sub:contract chain are required to prove to major contractors. It also covers the environmental aspects of the new HS&E touch screen test.
The delegate will have gained knowledge and understanding in:
- What is meant by the term 'environment'
- How to deal with archaeology and heritage on a construction project
- Effective waste management
- Pollution controls, and why the environment should be protected
- The use of environmental management systems
- Why it is important to be a goo neighbour and responsible contractor
At the end of the day delegates will be able to :
- Understand the need to protect the environment
- Implement environmental management systems into the management of the site
- Have an understanding of the impact archaeology and heritage have on a site
- Identify the principles of the good neighbour initiative
- Appreciate the need to be a responsible contractor
There are no formal entry requirements for this course; however, it was developed for construction supervisors and this should therefore be considered before enrolling delegate son to this course
Assessment will be by multiple choice questions at the end of the course. It is also expected that delegates interact during the course