The course teaches delegates to:
• Raise health and safety awareness at a road works site on the public highway in accordance with Safety at Street Works and Road Works (Code of Practice) of their planning, management or supervisory role.
• Raise awareness of the Highway Permitting process and restrictions affecting the works by the Permit conditions
• Develop an understanding of responsibilities and accountability for the protection of all highway users who may encounter the road works
• Recognise the required safety zone dimensions between the works and public
• Recognise the hazards and controls required to set up a site and traffic management