Bespoke course only - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- To give delegates an understanding of the 3 categories/types of dust.
- To ensure delegates appreciate the potential risk and long term health effects.
- To help delegates identify the tasks undertaken and those that contain dust.
- To examine relevant risk assessments and control measures.
- To ensure delegates understand what action to take if they encounter or disturb a material that can cause respiratory diseases.
- To make delegates aware of current legislation.
Who Should Attend - Managers, Supervisors and Operatives who work in close proximity to dust or are likely to encounter dust during the course of a working day (even short periods). Specifically appropriate to employees from demolition, workshops, refurbishment, shop fitter and flooring contractors and general construction activities.
- What is it and how it is caused -Â COSHH 2002 Regulations
- The three main types of dust and the groups they belong too
- The long term health risks & who is at risk and the reasons why?Â Asthma, Silicosis, COPD & Lung Cancer
- Why dust is a hazard & control measures
- Illness associated with dust exposure over a period of time
- Examples of dust
- The types of activities that can cause harmful dusts
- What to look for and how to assess dust
- The duty to manage
- Risk assessments & assessing the risks
- Control measures & action to prevent spread of dust
- Remedial action & Cleaning, Masks, LEV etc.
Overview - Q & A session Close
Itinerary on request