Overview/Who Should Attend
The Site Management Safety Training Scheme – Refresher (SMSTS-R) course is for delegates who have previously passed the full Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course or subsequent refresher course, and can provide proof of attendance.
It aims to bring health and safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace. The course includes a wide range of topics, many building on the previous five-day course programme.
Must have a good understanding of spoken and written English
Delegates must have a valid SMSTS or SMSTS Refresher certificate (must not have expired)
The refresher course aims to:
· improve awareness of recent developments in construction, legislation and health, safety, welfare and environmental issues
· identify measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation, and new working practices.
At the end of the period of training, delegates will be aware of and be able to implement:
· all updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them in their role as a manager
· new guidance and industry best practice
· their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment.