Overview/Who Should Attend
This course is designed for site managers, agents and persons who are, or are about to be, responsible for planning, organising, controlling, monitoring and administering groups of staff.
It covers all relevant legislation and other aspects which affect safe working in the construction, building and civil engineering industries. It highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures, and adequate communication to sustain a health and safety culture among the workforce.
The SMSTS course is endorsed by Build UK as the standard training for all construction managers.
Delegates should hold or be about to hold the role of a manager. Delegates must be competent in English at site management level.
To help site managers to:
· manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions, and within the context of their management
· develop an understanding of responsibilities and accountability for site health, safety and welfare
· recognise that a safe site is efficient, economical and productive
At the end of the training programme, delegates will be aware of, and able to implement or state:
· all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation that affects them during their daily work
· new guidance and industry best practice
· their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment