Overview/Who Should Attend
The refresher course is for delegates who have previously passed the two-day Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course and can provide proof of successful attendance.
It aims to bring health and safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace.
The course includes a wide range of topics which have been affected by the changes to procedures built upon the material in the original course.
The refresher course is only for delegates who have previously passed the two-day Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course and can provide proof of successful attendance.
Delegates must be competent in English at site supervisor level.
Ensure delegates are aware of:
· current trends within the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) direction of enforcement
· recent developments in construction, legislation, health and safety, welfare and environmental issues
· measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation and working practices.
At the end of the period of training, delegates will be aware of and be able to implement:
· all updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affect their role as a supervisor
· new guidance and industry best practice affected by changes
· their duties and responsibilities with regard to health, safety, welfare and the environment