On successful completion of the training programme and practical assessment candidates will be able to understand:
- Hazards/Risks and main causes to workers health from asbestos fibres.
- The importance of following Safe Systems of Work, procedures & rules how to work safely on certain asbestos products in Itinerary/Topics Covered.
- The properties of Asbestos and health effects
- How to make suitable and sufficient assessments about the risk of exposure to asbestos
- Safe work practices and control measures, including an explanation on the correct use of control measures, protective equipment and work methods
- Selection and appropriate use of protective equipment
- Waste handling procedures
- Use of H Type vacuum cleaners
- Emergency procedures
- Relevant legal requirements.
- Practical Works on simulated asbestos containing materials (relevant to your work)
Important -Â This form of training is not for carrying out licensed removal work, make sure you are on the correct course