Aims and Objectives
The course aims to ensure that all those given supervisory responsibilities understand:
- Why they are carrying out their identified duties
- What is expected of them and to ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the problems of the industry
- Have an understanding of how health and safety law is structured and how it
applies to supervisors
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in
controlling the site safely
- Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
- Carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Be able to monitor site activities effectively
- Understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified
Assessment and Certification
Multiple Choice Exam - 72% for pass (18 out of 25), other elements include tutor assessment over 2 days. SSP scheme rules and re-sits will be explained by the tutor on the day. Construction Skills Site Safety Plus Certificate: Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) awarded on successful completion.