This one-day interactive course has been designed for company Directors with the aim of recognising the human and financial implications of health and safety legislation non-compliance.
The course will provide a summary of how to promote a positive organisational culture for health and safety. Workshop exercises throughout the day will give delegates the opportunity to discuss their thoughts about health and safety and their responsibilities in an open forum.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Recognise the moral, economic and legal costs/implications of decisions made in the boardroom that make their business liable
- Understand the importance of strategic management of risks
- Appreciate the consequences of failing to manage health & safety effectively
- Understand the importance of competent duty holders co-operating, communicating and co-ordinating health & safety throughout the whole project
- Recognise the need to appoint competent health & safety assistance and the limitations of such an appointment and identify the basic tools for introducing a proactive health & safety culture into their organisation
Assessment and Certification
Assessment will be by multiple choice questions at the end of the course. It is also expected that delegates interact during the course. Construction Skills Site Safety Plus Certificate: Directors Role for Health & Safety awarded on successful completion.