Overview/Who Should Attend
Managers, Supervisors and Operatives who work with abrasive wheels or control those that do.
No specific requirements, however the course is both theoretical and practical in nature.
- To provide delegates with sufficient information to safely use abrasive wheel power tools and to recognise and understand the wheel markings in order to safely change wheels
- To give delegates a basic understanding of the regulations and legislation
- To ensure delegates understand wheel marking systems and can identify the various types of wheels and their appropriate uses
- To ensure delegate can safely change wheels and that they understand the necessity to maintain a register of authorised persons
- To ensure delegates can use abrasive wheel power tools safely taking into account their own personal protection and that of others in the vicinity (machine use prohibited due to insurance)
- To ensure delegates understand what action to take if they encounter or disturb a material, the identity of which they are unsure.
Half Day (Approximately 3.5 hours)
SSUK Certification, valid for 3 years