Candidates must already hold a current SMSTS Certificate that has been gained within the previous five years, this must be copied and sent to Safety Services prior to attending the course.
- Improve awareness of recent developments within construction, legislation and health, safety, welfare and environmental issues.
- Identify measures that will assist in the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation and new working practices.
At the end of the period of training, delegates will be:Â
- Aware of, and able to implement all updated health, safety, welfare and environmental
legislation which affects them in their role as a manager
- Aware of and able to implement new guidance and industry of best practice
- More aware of their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and
- Current focus of HSE's attention
- Risk assessment and method statements
- CDM Regulations Overview/Responsibilities
- Construction Health, Safety and Welfare on Construction sites
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR) 2013
Assessment and Certification
Multiple Choice Exam - 72% for pass (18 out of 25), other elements include tutor assessment over 2 days. SSP scheme rules and re-sits will be explained by the tutor on the day. Construction Skills Site Safety Plus Certificate: Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) awarded on successful completion.