Aims and Objectives
The SMSTS 5 day course aims to help site managers, agents and supervisors to:
- Manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions, and within the context of their management or supervisory role
- Develop an understanding of responsibilities and accountability for site health, safety and welfare
- Recognise a safe site is efficient, economical and productive.
At the end of the SMSTS training course, delegates will be aware of, and able to:
- Implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them/others during their daily work
- Implement new guidance and industry best practice
- State their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
Assessment and Certification
The method of assessment on SMSTS courses will be by exercises, delegate interaction, tutor assessment, a case study and an end of course examination 72% for pass (18 out of 25). 16 or 17 for Re-Sit this will be explained by your tutor on the day.
SMSTS training certificates are valid for 5 years.Â However, due to continuing changes in legislation, technology, environmental management and cultural behaviour, it is recommended that refresher courses are undertaken within 3 years of completing the original SMSTS course.
We have a 99 + percent pass rate and our tutors have several years experience both tutoring & site based experience, all sessions are taught with interaction & fun, whilst getting the work done.