The refresher course is for delegates who have previously passed the two day Site Supervisor
Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course and can provide proof of successful attendance. It aims
to bring health and safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving a thorough overview of the
legislative changes and their impact in the workplace. The course includes a wide range of topics
which have been affected by the changes to procedures built upon the material in the original
Aims & Objectives
The refresher course aims to:
- Raise awareness of current trends within the Health and Safety Executive
direction of enforcement.
- Improve awareness of recent development in construction, legislation and health
and safety, welfare and environmental issues.
- Identify measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities
established by new legislation and working practices.
At the end of the period of training, delegates will be able to:
- Be aware of, and able to implement all updated health, safety, welfare and
environmental legislation which affects them in their role as a supervisor.
- Be aware of and able to implement new guidance and industry best practice
affected by changes.
- Be more aware of their duties and responsibilities with regard to health, safety,
welfare and the environment.
Assessment and Certification
Multiple Choice Exam - 72% for pass (18 out of 25), other elements include tutor assessment over 2 days. SSP scheme rules and re-sits will be explained by the tutor on the day. Construction Skills Site Safety Plus Certificate: Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) awarded on successful completion.